Would you love to know the soul of Bali? Here you will be leaded to experience the unique Balinese culture and experience something different on the island through cooking experience and enjoying of coffee as well as art and handicrafts making process. In this program you will learn more about Balinese spices and have greet opportunity to cook authentic Balinese cuisine and taste delicious meals and will be guided by Balinese chef and you will learn so much for in a short time. Your experience Soul of Bali’s highlights are :
- Meet and greet by your driver with service from the heart will begin your smiling day, then continuing to visit market.
- Visit traditional markets to see the daily activity in selecting local fruits, vegetables and spices that used for cooking.
- Learn about the complex irrigation system, called “Subak” that is used in the paddy fields.
- You will be welcomed into a traditional Bali Compound with a beautiful setting overlooking a deep ravine complete with spice plant organic.
- You will meet the family who’s warmth will make you feel very welcome.
- The kitchen is run by Local Balinese Chef who has studied at Hotel and Tourism Education Bali.
- Make Bali offering for the Gods, Kuwangen and canang sari which area beautiful array of color and nature.
- Make coconut oil, which is the best for Balinese cooking.
- Make traditional Balinese spice paste used as a Base for many dishes –very fragrant and a sensation for your taste buds.
- After this cooking experience done, you will continue explore coffee making process.
- Experience of coffee making process, it is a coffee, cocoa and tea plantation in Ubud – Bali. The island is apparently famous for its excellent coffee especially Coffee Luwak which is mainly produced in the Indonesian Archipelago. This coffee is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by Luwak the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract. Then in their digestive tracts, fermentation occurs. The coffee beans finish the journey by passing through civets’ intestines and defecate. After that, farmers will collect the still-intact beans from the forest floor followed by cleaning, roasting and grounding process just like any other coffee. You will be showed the process of making of at there. Tasting for all coffee, tea and cocoa drinks are including, except for Coffee Luwak which you could purchase.
- After enjoying several coffee and tea, you will be leaded to visit Balinese artist in their work.
- Here you will get a chance to learn about the fine arts and painting. Balinese art and paintings have been classified into several groups and styles in Ubud village, you will see painting artist in work here. Mas village is located in Ubud sub district and Gianyar Regency, east part of Bali. Mas Village is one of villages in Bali fundamentally identified as an artistic countryside by focusing in artistic of wood carving, here you will see how creative people making wood carving. Next, Celuk village, the place to see patient Balinese artists make silver jewellery. This village is also renowned for its Silver Filigree and gold jewellery with special design and great quality. Tohpati village is known as the center of Batik weaving, here you will observe people make Batik painting.
When your time full with the experience of soul and heart of Balinese, your driver with a full air conditioned vehicle will lead you home and your tour will finish around 6.30pm.